Hagen Automation Ltd
25g Nanoparticle hBN - Hexagonal Boron Nitride Powder Ultra high temperature lubricant- 70 nm
- Nanoparticle hBN (hexagonal Boron Nitride) powder - 70 nanometer average particle size
- Also know as white graphite - excellent lubricating properties
- Can be mixed with other oils and greases to act as a fortifying, friction reducing additive
- High Temperature - Up to +1000C - Ideal for forging, glass manufacture, titanium forming, extrusion etc
- Electrically insulating - practically inert - used in jewellery making, aerospace, automation
- Used as a bullet coating to improve accuracy and barrel life
Hexagonal Boron Nitride Powder is an exceptionally high temperature lubricant. The hexagonal crystalline structure is similar to that of graphite but has the benefits of extreme temperature and pressure resistance, excellent chemical stability, and low co-efficient of friction. hBN is inert and non toxic and is used in the manufacture of cosmetics and dental cements. However the because of the extremely small particle size this nano powder is slightly irritating to eyes and respiratory system so we recommend wearing a mask.
Useful for a wide range of engineering, automotive and other lubrication applications. Ideal for ceramic bearings where low friction and high temperature resistance is paramount.
Apply to bearings, sliding surfaces and other moving parts on engines, robot gearboxes, 3D printers and automotive. Can be used to reduce noise and increase life span of gears etc. Use directly as a dry lube or as an additive to greases or oils. To apply as a bullet coating dry tumbling is the preferred method. Supplied in 25g resealable, post friendly, foil pack.
hBN nanopowder is very light indeed and a little goes a long way!